10 Reasons to Shop Local
Why shop at a locally owned business first? The following 10 reasons show how more money spent at local business is reinvested in our community creating diversity and helping the community maintain or create its unique appeal.
1. Shopping local creates jobs. Shops in our town create local employment and self-employment. These people in turn spend in the local economy.
2. Local independent shops invest more in our communities. Local businesses are proportionally more generous in their support of local charities, schools, and community events. So supporting local shops means a financial impact on our community.
3. Local shops sell a wide range of great products at affordable prices. Many people get out of the habit of shopping locally and are then surprised by the range of products and gifts available.
4. Shopping local saves you money. Out of town shops have done a good job of convincing us all that local businesses = expensive. If you add travel, fees to transfer larger items and your time, the overall cost is often much higher.
5. Shopping local retains our communities. People don’t like losing shops and services in small towns but don’t equate this to how they spend their money.
6. Shopping local retains our distinctiveness. Independent shops create distinctive shopping experiences and stock different products. Local businesses respond more quickly to the needs of local customers, stocking products to meet the changing population needs.
7. Shopping local saves the environment. Local shops often stock a high percentage of local sourced goods which do not require long car and bus journeys, helping reduce our global footprint.
8. Local shops are for everyone. Most people can get to their local shops easily and this especially important for the elderly and young people and those without transportation.
9. Local shops value you more. Evidence from numerous surveys show people receive better customer care and service locally. These businesses survive by their reputation and repeat business which means you get a higher standard of service.
10. Shopping local saves services. Private and public sector services cluster around shops. As shops disappear so do hairdressers, banks, and restaurants, etc.
So….shop smart, shop local! Click the shop button to see a complete listing of the Byhalia Area Chamber of Commerce service providers.
Member to Member Marketing
It’s as easy as ABC! Always Buy Chamber! There is no better way to help our community grow than supporting each other. Always Buy Chamber is here to help chamber members save money while supporting other chamber members businesses and services.
We know that our members already had the good business sense to join the Chamber so we are confident we’ll have a good experience doing business with them too! Every time you call or visit a Chamber member for a product or service, you are promoting member to member business. The members listed below offer discounts on their goods and services. As a member of the Byhalia Area Chamber of Commerce, you are entitled to these discounts. You can start reaping the savings just by calling one of the members listed below when you are looking for a particular product or service and letting them know that you are patronizing their business because they are members of the Byhalia Area Chamber of Commerce.
It’s really that easy. And it really does pay to shop with members. You, the merchant, are rewarded by increased business and visibility. And other members and their employees save money by shopping with you or using your services.
Click the shop button to see a complete listing of the Byhalia Area Chamber of Commerce service providers.
Click the links below to see offers for Members only. You may need to download Adobe Reader to view some of the content on this page.